Apple iPhone 8 Plus review
|Review: October 2017|
In a nutshell: The Apple iPhone 8+ is a larger version of the iPhone 8. With a bigger screen and a superior camera, it's the best iPhone of the current generation, but also the most expensive. Compared with the 7+, the 8+ offers more memory, a faster chip and wireless charging.
iPhone 8+ vs iPhone 8
Apple offers you two choices: compact or massive. In other words, the iPhone 8 or the iPhone 8+. The two phones are identical in most respects, so read our detailed iPhone 8 review to find out more. Here we'll just note the differences.
Yes, it's bigger. A lot bigger. Massive in fact. Weighing 202g it's even heavier than the Samsung Galaxy Note 8.
It's got a bigger screen than the iPhone 8, with a higher resolution, and yet phones like the Samsung Galaxy S8 give you an even bigger and better screen in a smaller body.
The iPhone 8+ has a significantly better camera than the iPhone 8, incorporating optical zoom. Twin 12 megapixel cameras, one with a telephoto lens, enable genuine optical zoom of 2x. Serious photographers will certainly appreciate the difference, and there's no doubting that this is one of the best camera phones of all time.
Don't choose the iPhone 8+ if you want value for money or a compact phone. Choose it if you value Apple's ease of use, if screen size matters, and if you're a keen photographer. But be prepared to carry something huge in your pocket.
Apple iPhone 8 Plus features include:
- iOS 11 Operating System
- 12 megapixel wide angle and telephoto cameras with touch autofocus, quad-LED flash, HDR, BSI, optical zoom and optical image stabilisation
- Video camera: 4K at 60 frames per second
- 7 megapixel Facetime camera with Retina Flash and 1080p video recording
- Retina HD display with wide colour gamut: 5.5 inch IPS touchscreen with 1920 x 1080 pixels and 3D Touch
- Siri intelligent assistant
- Fingerprint identity sensor built into the Home button
- Assisted GPS, GLONASS, Galileo, and QZSS
- A11 Bionic chip with 64-bit architecture, embedded M11 motion coprocessor
- Memory: 64GB or 256GB
- Connectivity: Bluetooth 4.2, USB 2.0, Wi-Fi (802.11a/b/g/n/ac with MIMO), NFC, Lightning connector
- 4G LTE plus UMTS/HSDPA plus Quad-band GSM
- Size: 158 x 78 x 7.5 mm
- Weight: 202g
- Wireless charging
- Video playback: 14 hours
Sorry - questions and comments on this page are now closed.
Apple iPhone 8 Plus user reviews
Sorry - reviews and comments on this page are now closed.
No reviews yet!