LG 55SJ850V review
|Review: August 2017|
In a nutshell: The LG 55SJ850V is an excellent mid-range 4K HDR TV with a big screen and plenty of smart functionality. With smart looks, rich audio, and wide viewing angles, it's a good all-rounder. And with streaming content from Amazon and Netflix, plus catch-up TV from the BBC iPlayer and others, there's nothing missing.
Today's best buy: LG 55SJ850V from Best Bargain (£767.47)
SJ850V vs SJ810V
The LG SJ850V is almost identical to the LG SJ810V except that it has an upgraded speaker system with 40W of power instead of 20W, including subwoofers for added bass and richer sound. That makes it well worth having if you can buy it for the same price as the SJ810 or for slightly more. At the time of writing this review, the two models are selling for the same price in the shops, making the SJ850 the one to choose.
LG 55SJ850V features include:
- 55 inch UHD LED-backlit screen
- 3840 x 2160 resolution
- IPS 4K edgelit display with nano cells
- ULTRA Luminance
- Dolby Vision, HDR10, HLG
- Smart TV (WebOS 3.5)
- Freeview HD (Freeview Play) & Freesat HD
- Audio: Harman Kardon 2.2 channel speaker system, 40W total power, DTS decoder
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi, ethernet LAN, HDMI x 4 (ARC x 1), USB 2.0 x 2, USB 3.0 x 1, headphone out x 1, digital audio out (optical), RF in x 2, Miracast screen mirroring, CI slot, Simplink, Bluetooth 4.2
- Magic remote included
- Energy efficiency class: A+
- Typical power consumption: 86W
- Size without stand (WxHxD): 1229 x 708 x 59 mm
- Size with stand (WxHxD): 1229 x 763 x 245 mm
Sorry - questions and comments on this page are now closed.
Width of stand please?
Asked by denis
from United Kingdom
on 17th Oct 2018
Does this tv have a hard drive?
Asked by colin
on 8th Jan 2018
LG 55SJ850V user reviews
Sorry - reviews and comments on this page are now closed.
Average rating from 1 review:
Reviewed by John Park
on 8th Jul 2018
Very pleased with the sharpness and natural colours of the tv. I have noticed the picture dimming slightly when moving left or right of centre of the viewing angle. In other words the picture is best viewed straight on. The sound developed by Hardon Karman is a big improvement on my last tv with depth of tone noticeable. A soundbar would probably improve the surround sound effect but it's still good without. Went online to find out the best settings for colour tone etc and was glad I did as the default settings are not the best. I think the tv is a good compromise between silly money for Oled etc but better than the mid range sets you can buy. Overall have been very pleased with this tv and would recommend it.