Panasonic DMP-BDT280 review
|Review: May 2016|
In a nutshell: The Panasonic DMP-BDT280EB is an excellent mid-range Blu-Ray player with support for 3D playback and upscaling to 4K resolution. It supports a fair range of Smart TV services including the BBC iPlayer and Netflix, and includes built-in Wi-Fi and ethernet connectivity. You can also stream content from your home network using DLNA, Wi-Fi screen mirroring from a smartphone or tablet, or a connected USB device.
Comparing the Panasonic DMP-BDT280EB vs the Panasonic DMP-BDT270EB, we can't find any differences in functionality. The DMP-BDT280EB is the same as the more expensive Panasonic DMP-BDT380EB Blu-Ray player, except that it doesn't have an optical audio output.
Panasonic DMP-BDT280 features include:
- Playable disks: Blu-Ray (including 3D, BD-R/ BD-R DL, BD-RE/ BD-RE DL), DVD Region 2 (DVD±R/DVD±R DL/DVD±RW), Audio CD (inc. CD-R/-RW)
- 4K upscaling
- 4K JPEG playback
- Smart TV apps, including BBC iPlayer, Netflix, YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, BBC News & BBC Sport
- Audio: Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby TrueHD, DTS-HD Master Audio
- Supported video file formats: XVid, AVCHD, MKV. MP4, MPEG-2
- Supported audio file formats: MP3, AAC, WAV, WMA, ALAC, FLAC, DSD
- Connectivity: HDMI output, Wi-Fi, ethernet, USB 2.0, VIERA Link, DLNA, Miracast screen mirroring
- HDD playback via USB
- Power consumption: 13W
- Size (W x H x D): 312 x 43 x 180 mm
Sorry - questions and comments on this page are now closed.
Set up problems - use HDMI cable in the UK?
Asked by Mike Terry
from United Kingdom
on 17th Sep 2017
Is there online help please?
I used the HDMI connection, had to buy an HDMI cable "as not supplied in the UK" - is there another way to connect in the UK?
All I get is the "DVD page" then just colours but nothing recognisable.
Do you need a 4K TV for this player to work?
Asked by Patrick
on 22nd Jan 2017
I have one now thinking we would upgrade our tv in the future to a 4K but I can't get the player to read standard blue ray disks.
by David Owen
on 19th Dec 2016
I bought this to play DVDs and CDs. What is the point of the Wi-Fi connection? I can get Netflix etc on my smart TV.
Reply by S21
on 19th Dec 2016
Hi David, not everyone has a smart TV, so this player offers another way to get Netflix, etc. If you already have them on your TV, you'll probably never use the Wi-Fi on this player.
Panasonic DMP-BDT280 user reviews
Sorry - reviews and comments on this page are now closed.
No reviews yet!