Sony BDP-S1700 review
|Review: April 2016|
In a nutshell: The Sony BDP-S1700 Blu-Ray player is Sony's entry-level model for 2016, yet it still includes support for the Sony Entertainment network, giving you access to a range of Smart TV services, including the BBC iPlayer, YouTube, Amazon Instant Video, Netflix and YouTube.
The Sony BDP-S1700 is an entry-level Blu-Ray player with support for 2D Blu-Ray disks, DVDs and audio CDs. It also includes support for 16-bit deep colour, Triluminos colour and 24p cinema playback, and it will upscale DVDs to 1080p HD.
Connect the device to the internet using an ethernet cable, and you'll have access to the Sony Entertainment Network, which includes a range of catch-up TV services, streaming content, and other apps.
Wi-Fi isn't included, but there is a USB port for you to share music, photos and multimedia content from compatible devices.
Our three-star rating is based on its current price of around £80. Our target price for this player is £60, and at that price it will be an excellent buy.
Sony BDP-S1700 features include:
- Playable disks: Blu-Ray, DVD, CD
- Depp colour (16 bit), 24p True Cinema, 1080p upscaling
- Audio: DTS-HD, Dolby TrueHD
- Connectivity: HDMI output, ethernet, USB input, digital audio output (coaxial), DLNA
- Child lock & parental control
- Remote Control RMT-B127P
- Power consumption: 8.5W (0.25W in standby)
- Size (W x H x D): 230 x 39 x 194 mm
Sorry - questions and comments on this page are now closed.
Sony BDP-S1700 user reviews
Sorry - reviews and comments on this page are now closed.